26 May 2015

Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and you can find more about this meme here. This week, the topic is books I plan to have in my beach bag this summer. 

Firstly, can we talk about the fact that I didn't have to change the season in this topic for once? I will actually be in the same season!! What is this sorcery? But really, how 'summer' is summer in England.

Anyway, I've got quite a few reading plans for my trip so look out for those TBR's coming at you very, very soon and let's go on with this one!


1. The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
I've never actually read any of these, but I absolutely adored the movies as a child/preteen so I feel like this is a good plan. I'm not sure I'll get through all of them, but I would at least like to read the first three.


2. Sarah Dessen
This might be cheating, but mainly I haven't made up my mind about this one yet. Basically, I want to eventually read every Sarah Dessen book and so far I've read four and my last one was a few years ago. At the moment, I'm tossing up between Lock and Key and Saint Anything being the next one.


3. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
I'll be travelling for the whole summer, which means a lot of...well, travelling. In fact, within the first three weeks — I'll be taking a seven hour train trip and then go camping with family. I feel like if there's ever a time I'm going to get through this, it's then.


4. Confess by Colleen Hoover
The goal is to read this before I leave, because have you seen that cover? (I want to be able to stare at it while I read it) but if that doesn't happen, well then I guess I'll have to read it in England somewhere, won't that be difficult?


5. The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen
I've owned the first book in this series for a good six or seven years now and I feel like it's probably time to read it. I haven't heard the greatest things about this series, so I might not even make it through the first book but if I do end up enjoying it, I'd like to finish the whole series.


6. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
I actually own this whole series and I have for about a year and a half now so I should read it, I think. I also have a few boy cousins under ten, maybe this would be a cool thing to read with/to them?


7. Middlemarch by George Eliot
See reasoning for LoTR. 


8. 99 Days by Katie Cotugno
I've been waiting this one ever since I read an excerpt of it back in like January or something. Besides, it's summer — there is no better time to read Contemporary YA.


9. Cress by Marissa Meyer
Nope, I haven't read this yet. *dodges bullets* I've been putting it off because Winter isn't out yet and I generally like to read books in series when I know the next one will be out within a month or two, but I feel like I've been putting this off for too long. It's time to man up, Ely.


10. Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blackman
YOU CAN BET YOUR SWEET ASS I'M GOING TO READ THIS. *cough* Sorry, I just really adored Prisoner of Night and Fog and I feel like I've been waiting a gazillion years to read this. I just want it my hands.

Remember to check back in a few days if you're interested in seeing the other books I plan on reading while in Europe!