4 May 2015

April Wrap-Up: Stress and Anxiety



I am so incredibly thankful for April to be over, you can’t even begin to understand the suckiness that has been this month. Let’s talk about it!

BOOKS

Despite how bad this month was, I managed to read 24 books in April which is my highest number so far this year. My favourites were Suite Francaise, Between the Lives and Heir of Fire.

CHALLENGES


TV/FILM
I finally got to watch the Veronica Mars movie this month and I adored it! I also watched the entire season of Freaks and Geeks, which was beautiful. Otherwise, I’ve tried to watch a few things but I just can’t stick to anything for more than five minutes.

WRITING
I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo this month, which went really well…for about a week, then I gave up. I just haven’t been in the writing mood lately.

VIDEOS
I posted a couple of videos this month: Chely Vlog 1, April TBR, Best Friend Book Tag, Update 2, Unhaul 3 and Bookshelf Tour? (I’d really appreciate your thoughts on this one)

ON THE BLOG
I think the posts I’m most proud of this month were my coverreveal for Millicent’s upcoming book and my review of Suite Francaise.

OTHER THINGS

Here we go again. 

Uni has been… stressful. My anxiety always plays up at Uni and I find it really hard to talk to people so usually I just don’t, as you can imagine that doesn’t make Uni a wonderful time for me. I don't think I've ever really talked about my anxiety here, but as you can see, it is something that really impacts me.

Luckily I’ve caught up with Michelle twice – once over Easter weekend and then again halfway through the month. I always have a great time with Michelle and we eat a lot of food and stay up talking until 3am… it seemed like a great idea (until the next day). 

If you follow me on Twitter, you would have seen this – but I got my acceptance letter for Aalborg University!! I actually booked my flights to London last week so everything is coming together now, but you would not believe the pain I went through to get them. I uh… still don’t have a passport because this country sucks if you don’t have a driver’s license. Also, I tried to go for my learners permit and learnt how the world hates Type One Diabetics. 

It’s just been a really, really stressful month. There's been quite a few 'stay in pyjamas days' and a lot of crying, and I’m thankful it’s over.