3 Feb 2015

UPDATE: Read 10, Buy 1

For those of you who have seen my Project TBR post/video, you know that I have a really, really, really long TBR list. I mentioned in that post that I was implementing the 'Read 10, Buy 1' rule and today, I thought I'd update you on how that's going.

So far this year, I've read 17 books (almost 18) but some of those were library books which I'm not counting towards this goal. I should have only bought 1 book this year right? Well, not quite.

I know what you're thinking. 'OH GOD, ELY. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?' But no. I've been really good.

I've read 14 books towards this goal and bought only two. So the books I've read are:





  1. Let it Snow
  2. The Gift
  3. Hansel and Gretel
  4. Burial Rites
  5. It’s kind of a funny story
  6. Tandem
  7. Defiance
  8. The Winner’s Curse
  9. The House of Silk
  10. I Was Here
  11. Seraphina
  12. The Darkest Fear
  13. Storm
  14. The Man in the Brown Suit
I bought two books when I hit book number 10 - The Goldfinch and a collection of short stories by Sylvia Plath. Rather than completely give up the challenge after I failed, I decided that the next six books I read will count towards me buying the Sylvia Plath collection. That means, I have to read another sixteen books before I can buy something.

Will I bring strong enough? I think so. There aren't really any books I want to buy right now, except for a few that I've already read (therefore they don't count). I'm hoping to save up so I can buy both Every Move and The Winner's Curse when they come out next month.