19 Nov 2014

Beautiful Books #2


Hello, hello, hello! I'm taking a little (well deserved) break from my novel today to bring you my linkup to Cait and Sky's Beautiful Books...linkup. (Is it okay to say linkup twice in the one sentence?) So, without further ado...



1. Be honest: how is your writing going? Well, I’m up to 35,187 words so far so I’d say I’m going pretty well.
2. What’s your first sentence/paragraph? “The room is filled to the brim with people - it was always the same with these things.” is the first sentence of my Prologue.
3. Do you have a book cover, and/or pictures that reflect your book? I do have a cover! I made it myself, and it’s alright but it’s still a working progress. 

As for other pictures, I have a Pinterest board dedicate to the book here.
4. Do you have pictures of each of your characters? If not, describe them for us! (Be as descriptive as you can.) I don’t have pictures of all of my characters, but here are a few.
 Cora, Nate, Bria, Finn, Kiki and Theo.
5. What scene are you most excited to write? I have a few different scenes that I’m really looking forward too. There are two introductions of characters I’m looking forward to – Sarah (one of my character’s best friends) and Nate (the love interest). I’m also looking forward to write Nate and Cora getting together, because FEELS. Finally, my last scene of the book will be massively awesome.
6. Share a snippet or a scene that you really enjoyed writing. This is one of my favourite scenes I’ve written so far.  

“Hey sis, see you’ve finally found my place of employment,’ Jacob grinned, leaning on the back of Coralie’s chair.

“Your place of employment?” Coralie raised her eyebrows at him, “Really?”

“I think it’s really clever,” Kiki interjected with a grin.

“Me too,” Bria added, giggling softly. Coralie sent them both stern looks, but they were too busy staring at Jacob to take any notice. In true Jacob style, he was milking every second of their attention.

“Well, who are these two beautiful ladies here?” He asked, grinning at both of them before turning to Coralie, “Aren’t you going to introduce us, Cora?”

“Of course, Jake,” Coralie replied, fake sweetness, “These are my two best friends in the whole of Denmark. My only friends, Jake. They’re all I’ve got,” Jacob nodded, pretending to be interested in everything Coralie was saying, “This is Bria Madsen, and Kiki Soho. Bria, Kiki - this is my older brother, Jacob. He’s a bit of a loser.”

“Hey girls, It’s really nice to meet you,” Jacob grinned, the girls smiled even more which Coralie had previously thought wasn’t possible.

“It’s really nice to meet you, Jake,” Kiki flirted, making Coralie want to bang her head against the table.

7. Now that you're writing, have any of the plot details, or the process itself, turned out different from what you planned or imagined? Some of the scenes that I was planning turned out very different to what I planned, as well as some of the characters. I also put a lot more research into the book than I thought I would need to.
8. Is there a character or aspect of your plot that's difficult to write? I’m finding some of Coralie’s family to be much harder to write than I expected them to be.
9. What’s your favorite aspect of this novel so far? Favorite character? My favourite character is probably Jacob, Cora’s older brother because he’s just hilarious, but I also really love Nate. As for the aspect, I’m loving the friendship between Cora and Bria.
10. Have you drawn off of any life experiences or people you know to create your novel and your characters? Actually, the wonderful Sarah is actually based on one of my best friends who is also named Sarah. She’s sitting right beside me as I type this, and admitted that every character in her novel is made up of some aspect of her.
11. Do you have a playlist or certain song for your novel and/or characters? I’m really bad with connecting music to my story – also I get very distracted by it so I try and avoid it.
12. Let’s have some fun for a moment: imagine you are somehow transported into your book’s world. Which character are you most likely to be found hanging out with? I was going to say Cora, but honestly I’d probably hang out with Nate because he is super hot and well, I think I could manage a day with him.
13. How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your daily wordcount? (Pinterest? Internet breaks? Chocolate?) Tea, Chocolate, Jane Austen movies, Sarah. I think that’s it.
14. What your favourite writing quote or piece of writing advice? Write Drunk, Edit Sober. (And by drunk I mean drunk on tea)
15. How does this book make you feel so far? Are you laughing? Crying? Frustrated? I laugh, I cry, I get frustrated. There are just ALL of the emotions.