29 Oct 2014

UPDATE: Top 14 Books That Must Be Read in 2014

I wrote this post way back in January outlining the books I decided I definitely had to read this year. I did my last update in July, so I thought it was time for another update. In July, I'd only three of the 14 books so let's see where I'm up to now!

1. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
I finally finished the last two books off, and it was a great feeling. I can't even begin how great it was to finally move this onto my 'read' shelf.

2. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I still haven't read this one. To be honest, I haven't even thought about it since I did my last update. I still want to read it, but it's not on the top of my list.


3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
I've read this one too - woo! I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting.


4. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
5. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
6. Legend by Marie Lu
I'd finished these three last time, so I won't go into detail about them.

7. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
I finished this one last week. It was just beautiful.

8. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
I haven't progressed any further with this since my last update. I'm still stuck on page 300 or so, but I will get it finished this year!

9. Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley
Still haven't picked this up...

10. The Parasites by Daphne Du Maurier
Or this one :(

11. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I have, however, finished this one. I really liked it, and the movie too.

12. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I'm actually terrified to read this.

13. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
I still don't have a copy of this book, but I do have it on hold at the library. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

14. Paper Towns by John Green
Still haven't read anymore of this either.

So I've read seven of these books now, which I'm pretty happy with. I've just realised that I'm probably not going to make it through the other seven books by the end of the year but I'd be happy to get through just one or two more of these. I won't be doing another update on this list until the end of the year. I'll see you all next time!