20 May 2014

Blogger Love

This post was sort of prompted by Kelly from Diva Booknerd's post about a week ago, where she pledged to be a better book blogger- one who supports others and stands up against bullying. That post is amazing and I strongly urge everyone to read it. Of course, there have been some not so great things in the blogosphere that lead Kelly to make that post and for me to make this one.

Now, as you probably notice- Chami and I aren't massively popular book bloggers, and we're okay with that. When we first started blogging, it was all about the followers and the views, and while I still pay attention to the views of every post- it's more because I'm interested in seeing the type of posts that more people enjoy reading. Chami and I were speaking about this the other night- this blog isn't for the followers anymore, this blog is for us.

I don't think I can put into words how much I love this blog. I have a lot of fun writing this blog, and talking with other bloggers on twitter and Goodreads and in the comment section of blogs. I know we don't have the best design or our own domain, but I really, really love our little blog.

Some of you may know about the more negative things that have been happening around here, and I'm not here to criticise anyone. I understand how easy it is to leave a rude anonymous message somewhere nowadays. What I don't understand is why you would do it? I'm not going to go into this issue anymore because otherwise I might rant for hours.

The purpose of this post was to share some blogger love. I know we all have those blogs we stalk more than others, so I thought I'd share some of mine with you today. Now, I want to mention that I legitimately read all of these blogs- some of them are my friends, others I've never spoken too before but these are some of my favourites.


Val @ Innocent Smiley Reviews - Chiara @ Books for Delicate Eternity - Cait & Mime @ Notebook Sisters - Kelly @ Diva Booknerd - Brit @ Crash My Book Party - Ebony @ Paperbacks & Protagonists - Millicent @ Millicent Nankivell - Laura @ Laura Plus Books - Kate @ Fictional Thoughts - Sofia @ Loving the Language of Literacy

I know I probably forgot some people, but I might do another post like this later on in the year. But until then, I hope you liked the random post and that you'll check out the above bloggers (if you haven't already). See you soon!


6 comments:

  1. *sniff* thanks so much Ely, I FEEL YOUR LOVE FROM OVER HERE. ahhhhh you guys are awesome and so is your amazing blog and augh I can't express my feelings right now. Just....it's a great feeling being someone's favorite. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME.

    Ok, on another note. I had no idea that people were being mean in the book blogging community. I guess I haven't been around long enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SENDING YOU ALL OF THE LOVE! How could you not be a favourite? You're so lovely and your blog is beautiful!!

      Unfortunately, I think that no matter what the community is i.e. Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook etc. there's always a little bit of negativity. I think things have died down again now.

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. I haven't been on Twitter lately, so I haven't heard much of anything that's been going on. I'm so sorry this is happening to you both. Sadly, it's far too easy for some to hide behind a screen and even from posting to be better, I received a lot of backlash from that too. I love A Book so Fathomless, it's one of my favourite blogs to visit. Not only your reviews, but your randomness. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh. *hugs this blog* YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. But you've been getting some comment hate? Oh. NO. That sucks. *waves angry fist at mean commentors* There is nothing satisfying or right about leaving comment-hate and I have no idea why anyone would do it. Don't let it get you down, girls. You are both fantastic and I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Ely! *hugs you* I feel honoured to be one of your favourites ^.^
    I'm so glad you girls have the mindframe that this blog is for you - because it definitely is! Sure, the stats can be important when it comes to things like review requests, but that's not what blogging is about.
    The best thing to have come from creating my blog is the friends I have made, and the people I have met. They are definitely the best part of this community ^.^
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Thank you so much for the blog love! ♥ And I'm glad you've shifted your focus more to blogging for yourself - it's so important and what blogging should be about, and I think this is something we all wrestle with from time to time. At the moment it's something that I've been struggling with immensely, watching friends start blogs and appear to skyrocket with followers and traffic and... urg. But I have a loyal reader-base, and I love them, and I love to write and share things with the world. That's what needs to be focused on. My blog hasn't been a stellar success either, but that doesn't matter! It's through it that I've been able to meet awesome people, and make awesome new online friends like yourself! ♥ Am I mistaken or is this a new blog layout...? I feel like something has changed, but my brain has been so wired lately I know I've missed lots! xx

    ReplyDelete