1 Jul 2013

June Wrap-Up and July TBR

Last month I set myself 34 books to read, I manged to complete eleven of them which include: Pennies for Hitler,Wentworth Hall, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Zoe Letting Go, Chase and the Fallen Angel, The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald, Scarlett Fever, The Elite, Northern Lights, The Princess Bride and Warm Bodie. As usual, if reviews haven't been posted already for these books, they will be posted within the upcoming weeks.

I've got a fair portion of this month off from school so I'm going to use as much of it as possible to get some reading done. I've set myself 37 books to read in July- they come in four main categories as you'll see below. I'm desperately trying to reduce my TBR pile because it is seriously out of control (about 1,300 books as marked as 'to-read' on my Goodreads currently). I'm also re-reading a few books this month, which is not something I do regularly. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through a good number of these books this month.

* = currently reading
- = re-reading

Author requests
The Gatekeeper's Daughter by Eva Pohler *
OMG by Bob Wernly and Kathy Clark *
Storm of Arranon by R.E. Sheahan
Arabelle's Shadow by Fleur Gaskin
The Serpent's Ring by H.B. Bolton
School related
The Zoo Story by Edward Albee
Endgame by Samuel Beckett
The Crucible by Arthur Miller
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
Library books
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Room by Emma Donoghue
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak
My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent *
From my bookshelves
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley -
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald -
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead -
Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross
The French Promise by Fiona McIntosh
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
Book of Lies by James Moloney
Benedict Cumberbatch by Lynette Porter
Duncton Wood by William Horwood
Belladonna by Fiona Paul
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak *