18 May 2013

Divergent and The Fault In Our Stars CATASTROPHE



I’ve been sitting here for a couple of days feuding with the thought that Hazel Grace, Augustus Waters, Beatrice prior and Caleb Prior are all played by the same actors. And you’re thinking, “What! What are you talking about Chami? Your nuts!” Well aside from the Vampire Academy casting news frenzy, the break up of my favourite celebrity couple (Ian and Nina), the casting for Divergent and Fault In Our Stars is underway as well. And if you hadn’t heard, Shaileene Woodly will be playing Tris Prior from Divergent and Hazel Grace from The Fault in our stars. And when that was announced, I went berserk thinking why they would cast the same actress for two Young Adult massive series as the main character for both. And adding to that, I’m not a massive Shaileene Woodly Acting fan, but I do respect her morals and her choices she has clearly fixed onto her self. I got over that little mistake, and just as I’ve settled down they’ve decided to announce another catastrophe. Ansel Elgort, who is playing Caleb Prior (Tris’ bro) will be playing Augustus Waters. Two Main Characters. DO YOU HEAR THAT FANS? THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. I disagree with this. Immensely. I’m sure the Directors of both movies know what they are doing, but do they realise what they are doing to the fans? It’s like making Daniel Radcliffe play Percy Jackson as well as Harry Potter. I’m 
just thankful that “The Fault in Our Stars” is 
not an ongoing series because that would cause some mass confusion. Like, “Hey, when did Hazel start jumping out of Trains?” and “Gus, where did you get that gun from?” Tough tough times, I tell ya. If I had to choose, I would settle on Shaileene playing Hazel and Ansel playing Caleb. I don’t know much about Ansel, and I don’t like Shaileene as an actress. We’ll just have to wait for the trailer because I seriously wasn’t impressed by the Divergent stills. She had no emotion on her face and looked nothing like Tris. (Quite frankly, Tris looks like a younger version of Veronica Roth to me…haha)Cross your fingers fans. Lets just hope this works.



Leave a comment on this post about what you guys think. Is this acceptable? Or is this just plain wrong? Follow the blog for more info on upcoming Young adult movies and books. It's our year this year!

1 comment:

  1. I was kind of upset when I found out. Don't the movie makers know the actors projects? Plus wouldn't it be awkward if they are going to play siblings and a couple?!

    ReplyDelete