17 Mar 2013

REVIEW: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Title: Unravel Me (Shatter Me #1)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publication Date: November 15th 2011
Format: Ebook (I only ever read on Ebook if it’s something I really want.)
Rating: 5/5
Blurb:
tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

it's almost

time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


Review:

(No Spoilers)

I’m pretty sure I was born into this world for the soul purpose of reading this series. Now that I think about it, I’m probably Taherah Mafi’s... evil demon conscience plotting to take over the world, but with all that aside, LETTICE talk about this bible.

 I cannot use words to decipher how much I love this series.
 A Lot.
 So Much
As Much as Ely
As Much as Food.
I’ve tried, and I cannot. I cannot. I cannot.


This book does not wait to get into action. Pacing is amazingly brilliant, as always. It completes me. After Ely.

Ely, if you’re reading this, get to this book, ASAP. I knew you would love the first book. You will LOVE EVERY SECOND.


There were parts where I said, “Wouldn’t it be amazing if this happened,” and I was so surprised when they did. It was like Taherah was living in my mind.

I am Team Warner, but Adam doesn’t bother me too much. I think I decided I was Team Warner officially straight after I finished the first book. I was afraid he was going to change in a way that made him extremely vulnerable, but Mafi satisfied me with what she did. Everything about Warner I just love. His persistence and the way he manipulates people by the words he says. It’s a gift.

After I read it, “I love every inch of him, his personality is the best, his words, his voice.

If your Team Warner, then this is your book.
Juliette seems to be better and less annoying in this one, even though it does take her ages to agree on some conclusions. She’s not completely good or evil, and I adore how she see’s that there is no fine line between them, even in her. Yes Juliette, the world does have a cruel way of thinking for you.

Kenji; Probably one of my favourite characters in this series. He is so hilarious and he breaks up the tension in scenes. He also sets Juliette straight in a scene I can’t mention but is quite inspirational. You learn a lot more about his back-story too, as well as his relationship with Castle. It’s so hilarious how the found each other. Kenji, What are you doing? Kenji, I love you.

A couple of our favourite characters have powers that are finally revealed, and as this is non spoiler and Ely is reading this, I can’t spoil who and what, but I can tell you it’s the most brilliant and thought out powers that puts the game in my favour ;)

Authors, please learn. This is all I ever wanted in a book.

I know I will never write enough for this review, but I would die for the next book and I can’t contemplate on this much further. I will explode and this book is a necessity to live.

Because Warner is beautiful in ways even Adam isn't,” Unravel Me.