8 Jan 2013

UPDATE: January TBR Pile



So now Chami has left for a two/three week holiday, I have been left to run this blog all on my own (I admit, I’m a little bit worried). Chami has actually scheduled six posts between the 9th and the 21st, I will be posting on the days in between those posts but you should definitely check her posts out because trust me when I say that she put a lot of work into them.

Anyway, today I decided to post a January TBR pile sort of thing. I am hoping to do one of these each month this year, though I’m not sure whether this will actually end up happening. I thought I’d give this month a go anyway. First of all, my reading goal for this year is 60 books due to the fact it is my last year of school and I don’t want to set my goal too high. Last year I read 105 books with an original target of 50, so we’ll see how this year goes. Alright, let’s move onwards!

January 2013 TBR Pile
*  = Currently Reading
School Books
The Broken Shore by Peter Temple *
The Rugmaker of Mazar-E-Sharif by Najaf Mazar and Robert Hillman
Stasiland by Anna Funder
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? By Edward Albee
Beowulf by Seamus Heaney
Atonement by Ian McEwan
Library Books
Captivate by Carrie Jones *
Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James *
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald *
Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer
Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jacalyn Moriarty
The Flood by Ian Rankin
The Naming of the Dead by Ian Rankin
Doors Open by Ian Rankin
The Seventh Bullet by Daniel D. Victor
The Man From Hell by Barrie Roberts
My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
If I get the chance
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

I know that probably seems like a crazy amount of books, but quite a few of them are quick and easy reads that I can hopefully knock over quite quickly. I’ll post some reviews of these books through the rest of the month, I’ll also post a wrap-up thing letting you know how I went with the other books when I post my February TBR. Remember to check back tomorrow for a post from Chami about book trailers...so excited! (She wouldn’t let me read it)

xEly