27 Jul 2012

Ely's Update




As a continuation of Chami’s last post, I have decided to tell you about the books that I am currently reading and plan to review in the near future.

As a preface to this first book, I should first tell you about the Book of the Year awards that are run every year by the Children's Book Council of Australia (CBCA). If you would like more details about the awards, then you click on the link here to their website. Anyway, my school library set up a book club that gives everyone from year five to twelve and the teachers to read and discuss these books with some amazing morning tea. Yesterday, we had our second to last meeting and it was also when I decided to borrow ‘The Dead I Know’ by Scot Gardner, and oh my gosh! I have already finished the book and the review should be posted within the week.

Secondly, I’ve got on a little library borrowing spree recently and here are the books I’ve picked up:
Villette by Charlotte Bronte
Shirley by Charlotte Bronte
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
This is Shyness by Leanne Hall (This is Shyness #1)
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

That’s all from me today. I hope to see you all next time!

x Ely